Why hire a campervan?
We also have a 4WD version of it that opens up the door to any off-road possibilities. Our 4x4 campers vehicles are perfect for going off the beaten track and exploring Australia’s backcountry on unsealed roads. Many models are roomy enough that you can sleep inside; others require you to set up a tent or sleep on the roof. With a 4WD camper, you can travel on roads which you would not be able to access with a motor-home or campervan.
Our Campervan & Campers
High Top Campervan
Low top campervans have a lower roof and usually sleep up to two people. They are smaller which means they have less ammenities. Those features make them more budget friendly.
Low Top Campervan
High top campervans have added vertical space. You can stand up comfortably in it. Usually better equipped, you can sleep up to five people in them, depending on the model.
This is a small, compact version of a campervan, it allows you to go off road and access more of Australian natural wonders.
Campervan vs. 4WD Campers Comparison Table
- More expensive in price but you don’t need to worry about your car. It eradicates any pre-trip expenses to get your car ready, and if you own a small car that will save you from reducing your suitcase to the minimum.
- Easier to drive than a motor-home or than towing a caravan & easy to park in suburban areas.
- You have next to everything you need to live comfortably on the road with a campervan (true with both a high top or low top model). With some models, you can even use the toilet and the shower and bring along perishables
- Budget-friendly alternatives to caravans and motor-homes.
- Most of the campervans won't provide with toilet or shower, unless you’re ready to pay a higher. So you will still need to use external facilities.
- Campervans are very comfortable, but they still don’t offer the space and facilities that other options provide.
- Can be cold in winter.
- Small groups of up to five travelers, pairs, or individual travelers on a budget looking for some extra comfort.
- Cheapest option for long trips around Australia.
- Travelling with a 4WD camper gives you more access to off-road areas that you wouldn’t be able to access with a caravan or motor-home.
- 4WD Camper are lighter that large caravans and motor-homes so your vehicle is likely to use much less petrol with this option. Some models include extra large fuel tanks so you can travel further without stopping in at a gas station.
- Driving with a 4WD camper gives you a good visibility on the road and in your rearview mirror, which is a better option for those with little experience towing or driving large vehicles.
- Although a 4WD camper is a significant upgrade from a tent, they can still be quite basic and still require a fair amount of set-up and pack-down time.
- 4WD camper are built to be as compact as possible, so there will less room for storage as other options.
- Less comfort and space than in a caravan or motor-homes.
- Individuals, couples, or small groups in search of a 4-wheel-drive adventure in Australia’s outback.